Monday, August 29, 2011

SURPRISE...not!

Time is honestly flying by!  I was certain it had only been a few days since my last post, but it has been over a week!  Life has been hectic lately.  Filled with all kinds of things from play dates to family time.  I have been getting tons of photography jobs, and been a little busy with my new adventure as a Thirty-One consultant.  Today is play date day at my house, so I can't stay long just wanted to pop in and post a little somethin' before I forgot my password to Blogger!


I saw this on Pinterest today and it made me laugh, because this describes me to a T! I adore surprises, or at least I think I do... until I am surprised.  Then I feel unprepared and not ready for the "surprise".   I actually didn't realize this about myself until the other day when my husband told me that on September 22nd we would be going on a date and all I needed to know was to be ready at 6 sharp.  Then 1000 questions and concerns flooded my brain.  Who is watching Cayden?  What should I wear?  Do I need to cook dinner, or are we going out?  What time will we be done?  What is he wearing?  Should I pack Cayden an over night bag- or just a few items for an evening?  Are other people going?  You get the point.
I can't help it.  I am a planner, with a touch of OCD.  I think becoming a mom has made this even more extreme.   I wish I could be carefree and just go with the flow sometimes... but that's not me.  I like to have a plan.  I like to be prepared.  I think it's amazing when you have these "epiphanies" about yourself.  For all these years I thought I loved being surprised... but the truth is I am too much of a control freak to enjoy being whisked away for a romantic evening.  So when people ask me if I like being surprised... I suppose my answer will now be "yes, as long as they are carefully planned..."


Hope everyone is having an awesome Monday! 
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment