Friday, April 13, 2012

A banana bread and messy hair kind of morning

I love quiet mornings. The kind where I'm not pressing snooze every 10 minutes, the kind where I'm not running 5 minutes late, the kind that doesn't end in complete chaos and me most likely forgetting something. I love mornings like this morning. I love waking up to sweet sound of my (almost) 18 month old playing in his crib. I love even more that he woke a little earlier than usual giving us a extra time to just wake up together. But most of all I loved sitting with him without the sound of the TV as background noise, no dog begging for handouts and schedule telling me to "hurry!".
This morning, we sat, we prayed, we ate banana bread, we giggled, we sang songs, I enjoyed my coffee, Cayden chugged his milk. We actually heard all the noises of the morning like the birds on the fence, the garbage truck out front, the neighbor's garage opening, the kids walking to school... and the stillness of the house. It felt good to just "be"...to sit and enjoy the look of Cayden's morning hair, the taste of my coffee and the quietness of our home.
They don't happen very often... But when they do, it's a pleasant surprise.












No comments:

Post a Comment